(Last update : Sun, 13 Feb 2000)
[ Evariste® | Forum ]

From patrick.schouller@inria.fr Mon May 11 08:44 MET 1998
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 08:40:04 +0200 (CEST)
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Patrick Schouller
Subject: PARTENAIRE IRLANDAIS POUR TEN TELECOM

DGSI-SERICS-SDPI-PS-1998-0254

Dear Sir/Madame

I am working as an Economic Regeneration officer at the Derwentside District
Council (Local Government) in County Durham, UK, and am currently
investigating the possibility of the Council participating in a Ten-Telecom
consortium for the 2nd 1998 call (Generic Services and Applications).

Derwentside District Council are trying to put together a number of pilot
projects, to examine the potential of delivering services to residents via
telematics applications. The projects cover a number of different themes.
1. tele-medicine (e.g. remote monitoring, on-line diagnosis)
2. provision of local authority services (e.g. completion of application
forms on-line, document image processing, etc.) via PCs based at public
access points (e.g. . community centres)
3. Real-time video links with the Police through Community Safety Video Kiosks
4. Virtual Tourist Centre
5. Schools Internet access

The above form part of an overall economic development programme and are
designed to be pilot projects with regard to identifying the potential for
wider application. We feel that these projects adequately reflect the
objectives of the 2nd 1998 call under the Ten-Telecom programme and could
potentially become a functional part of a wider EU TEN-TELECOM project.

Derwentside District Council have been heavily involved with telematics over
the past few years, in an attempt to ensure that the District (which
comprises both rural and urban wards) keeps up with developments and becomes
part of the Information Society. Examples of this activity include the
success of the Derwentside Infonet, a network between the Council and
community/voluntary organisations within the district, as well as
businesses. One innovative project within the Infonet has been the People's
Directory, whereby local employers access CVs of local employees. This is
currently planned to be extended to encompass a Job Search scheme for local
people, delivered around the various community tele-access points.

We feel that our work to date and the aforementioned projects currently
planned, could contribute to and benefit from some collaborative work with
EU partners working in similar projects. We are therefore looking for EU
organisations needing partners for a Ten-Telecom proposal under the 1998 2nd
Call for generic services/applications.

If you are currently investigating/preparing such a proposal and you feel
that our work could become part of the wider project you are putting
together, please do not hesitate to contact me and I would be more than
happy to discuss the matter with you in more detail. I look forward to
hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Nick Tzamarias
Economic Regeneration Programmes and Projects Officer

Please contact :

Nick Tzamarias
Economic Regeneration Programmes and Projects Officer
Derwentside District Council
Civic Centre
CONSETT DH8 5JA
Co. Durham

Tel. 01207-218238
Fax. 01207-218200
E-mail    n_tzamarias@derwentside.org.uk
	  Direction Generale des Strategies Industrielles
http://www.evariste.org/actu/schouller/