[ Evariste® | Forum ]

From patrick.schouller@inria.fr Fri Mar 19 08:23 MET 1999
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Patrick Schouller
Subject: french laboratory search partner for the futur IST program

MEFI-SEI-DiGITIP-STSI-SDPP-PS-1998-209

The Speech group of our laboratory 'Traitement et Communication de
l'Information'
affiliated with CNRS and situated at ENST (http://www.enst.fr) is looking for
partners in the framework of the 5th PCRD to further develop products for the
following applications:

- Speech and image processing over INTERNET (redundant and variable rate coding,
  	MultiCasting, identity verification, INTERNET telephony, Interactive
	Man-Machine communication,...)

- Very low bit-rate speech coding (below 600 bps) using Automatic Language
Independant
	Speech Processing techniques (http://www.fee.vutbr.cz/~cernocky/English.html)

- Majordome: a personal information server receiving, interpreting and
summarising
  	Voice, Fax and E-mails. It incorporates Intelligent Character Recognition
	to interpret faxes, Speech and Speaker Recognition for Voice messages
	and Natural Language Processing for all types of messages including web pages.
	The Majordome dialogues with users over the telephone. Further details can
	be found at: http://137.194.230.46:7777/majordomo.html

- Speech processing for foreign language learning. Our goal is to extend our
	experience with the 'International Tandem Network"
	( http://www.enst.fr/tandem/srvparis.html ) from text-based learning
	to interactive speech-based learning over the INTERNET.

- Speaker verification to further develop our experience with the CAVE and
PICASSO
	projects (http://www.PICASSO.kpn-telecom.nl/).

- Multilingual Speech Recognition to exploit the results of the COST-249 and
SpeechDat
	projects (http://www.elis.rug.ac.be/ELISgroups/speech/cost249/).

Please contact:
Gerard CHOLLET, PhD, DR
CNRS URA-820, ENST, Dept. TSI
46 rue Barrault
75634 PARIS cedex 13

Tel: +33 1 45817884,
Fax: +33 1 45887935 or +33 1 45818310
email: chollet@tsi.enst.fr
http://sig.enst.fr/~chollet
Direction Generale de l'Industrie, des Technologies de l'Information et des
Postes
     Service des Technologies et de la Société de l'Information
Archive de la liste : http://www.evariste.org/actu/schouller/