[ Evariste® | Forum ]

From patrick.schouller@inria.fr Tue Mar  9 08:06 MET 1999
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 07:58:05 +0100 (CET)
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Patrick Schouller
Subject: laboratoire de communication de
	=?iso-8859-1?Q?l=27université?= de Dresde cherche partenaire pour le
  projet "On-line support to democratic processes"

MEFI-SEI-DiGITIP-STSI-SDPP-PS-1999-122

EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
for a project related to action line I.4.2
"On-line support to democratic processes"
of the IST programme

PROPOSED ACRONYM:	ISONOMY

OBJECTIVE	Concept for secure voting system equipment.

SHORT
DESCRIPTION	Investigation of promising concepts for secure and mass market
suitable voting systems. Major technical topics of interest are
authentication, data security, low cost realisation. Main sociological
topics of interest are composition of board of questioners, majority level
definition for binding votes, impact of broadcast media on decision making.

SKILLS OFFERED	Our chair offers its resources in the area of system design
and prototype implementation. There is also experience in embedded system
realisation. Being part of an university we do not apply for the project
co-ordinator. There will be active support in project steering building on
our experience in former successful European research projects.

SKILLS / PARTNERS LOOKED FOR		application layer design and realisation
	European government departments
	political science, sociology, communication science
	jurisprudence
	Swiss canton government
	media research

KEY ACTION
	I: "Systems and Services for the Citizen"
ACTION LINE	I.4.2

INTERESTED
PARTIES	TUD (Germany)

CONTACT	Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. A. Finger
Communications Laboratory
Dresden University of Technology, GERMANY
FAX: 	+49.351.463-7236
E-mail: 	tnt@ifn.et.tu-dresden.de

Direction Generale de l'Industrie, des Technologies de l'Information et des
Postes
     Service des Technologies et de la Société de l'Information
Archive de la liste : http://www.evariste.org/actu/schouller/