[ Evariste® | Forum ]

From patrick.schouller@inria.fr Wed Mar 10 10:50 MET 1999
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:41:11 +0100 (CET)
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Patrick Schouller
Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?université?= de Drede; Projet PEROS :Advanced
  staff locator system with position determination and security
	functions

MEFI-SEI-DiGITIP-STSI-SDPP-PS-1999-124

Expression of Interest for a project related to action line I.2.2

PROPOSED ACRONYM:	PEROS

OBJECTIVE	Advanced staff locator system with position determination and
security functions

SHORT DESCRIPTION	Advanced staff locator systems for use in buildings and
known local urban areas enabling extended services of person position
determination are needed. Major applications for such systems are hospitals,
homes for elderly, psychiatric institutions, guard services and electronic
monitoring of staff in dangerous areas.  Present systems do not provide a
position determination with sufficient precision for the target area.
Integration of several standard security functions (emergency call, dead
man's handle, privation detection, shaking motion detection) is foreseen.
The implementation requires comprehensive signal theoretical investigations
and development work. Radio propagation is affected by building room- and
floor architecture. Operation in lower frequency range is mandatory implying
narrow bandwidth restriction requiring sophisticated signal processing
algorithms.

SKILLS OFFERED 	Our chair provides its resources in physical layer design
and implementation. There is also experience in embedded system realisation.
Potential algorithms for signal delay measurement between base transceiver
stations and hand-held units need to be designed and verified. Multipath
propagation complicating the delay measurement will be covered.

SKILLS/ PARTNERS  LOOKING FOR	The successful project partnership would be a
mixture of research institutes, universities, manufacturing companies and
test user sites (e.g. hospitals). Experts in communications, RF technology
and protocols are welcome to the project.

KEY ACTION	I: "Systems and Services for the Citizen"

ACTION LINE	I.2.2 (I.2.3, I.3.1, I.5.1, I.5.2)

INTERESTED
PARTIES	dresden elektronik ingenieurtechnik GmbH, Waldparkelektronik Kuhl,
Zorn Elektronik GmbH (Germany), hospital technical chief Lower Saxony (Germany)

CONTACT	Prof. A. Finger
Communications Laboratory
Dresden University of Technology, Germany
Fax:	+49/ 351/ 463-7236
E-mail:	tnt@ifn.et.tu-dresden.de
Direction Generale de l'Industrie, des Technologies de l'Information et des
Postes
     Service des Technologies et de la Société de l'Information
Archive de la liste : http://www.evariste.org/actu/schouller/