[ Evariste | Forum ]

From: "Patrick SCHOULLER"
Subject:  Programme ETEN / Projet de i-inclusion
        coordonné par IGo LEUVEN Belgique cherche des
        partenaires

Dear Sir,

We have a projectproposal ready in Belgium, and are still looking for other
European partnerships to join us at short notice.   It concerns a market
validation in e-Inclusion.

Project Proposal: Digid@k+

1.      Definition

Nowadays we are living in a high tech society. New trends and developments in
ICT are accumulating very fast. Apparently a non ICT working environment is
currently inconceivable. When looking for information on companies,
institutions, government, traffic… more and more we are being referred to the
internet.
Good for many of us, but not for all. Certain groups of people are at risk of
being left behind, sometimes because they don’t have the necessary ICT skills
at their disposal, sometimes because they don’t have infrastructural ICT
access
available in their own environments.
Both cases can be catalogued as digital exclusion. This digital divide
separates ICT haves from ICT have-nots.

2.      Project proposal: short summary

Main goal of this project is reaching out for those groups of people not yet
disposing of ICT basic skills. By creating innovative low level ICT learning
environments within the functioning of organisations, associations and
neighbourhoods, we want to lower the threshold for these groups for
introduction to new media. We want to stimulate and sensibilisate them to get
acquainted with computer, internet, software,…
During free entrance moments visitors can use the learning environments
including the counsellors present to experiment with ICT applications.
Emphasis
will be put on individual needs and wishes connecting to the social
environment
of the visitor.
Getting acquainted with ICT is a footboard to initiation and follow-up courses
to finally enhance the social and economical position of individuals. For
initiations offered within the learning environments, adapted didactical
methods will be used oriented to reaching the target groups.
Thanks to the process of stimulation, sensibilisation, initiation and
education
these groups will acquire skills that are nowadays indispensable in our
information and knowledge based society.
Undoubtedly this process will contribute to strengthen the labour market
position of individuals and create more chances in the labour market as a
whole.

By embedding the ICT learning environments within the so called foster
organisations, a large number of people can be reached. Those who visit the
foster organisations will enter the ICT learning environment there much easier
then an educational location where they are not acquainted. In stead of
leading
these people to ICT courses, we bring ICT to their own environments.
To reach also those people who are not visitors of these organisations, we
will
use mobile learning environments. This way we are very flexible in reaching
all
kinds of organisations like nursing homes, homes for the elderly,…

Offering services like helping people how to look for a job using the internet
or how to find information on governmental websites will also be emphasised.
The learning environments will go further then just offering infrastructure
and
guidance to obtain technical skills. Using ICT in a way that enhances the
social and economical position of individuals will be stimulated. This way we
will really be working on mending the digital divide.

All the actions within the learning environments are focused on reaching the
target groups we spoke of. This we call the final target group. We also aim
for
another group of people, namely the intermediate target group.

We want to offer one year working experience to low skilled and long-term job
seekers. These people will be taking care of administrative and technical
support of the ICT learning environments. To stimulate and guide them in
re-entering a working environment after a long period of being unemployed we
create extended training and personal guidance. The intermediate target group
is offered technical training as well as attitude training and has a personal
social counsellor available. At several moments during their working year
evaluation moments take place where personal progress is measured. After a
year
of building up working experience in the ICT learning environments they are
ready to enter the regular labour market circuits. To make the transition
easier special training for job application is offered near the end of the
working experience.

The project in this form was established in Turnhout, Belgium in 7
organisations. It ran for 2 years under support of ESF as a pilot project;
with
the support of the government of Flanders for the working experience part and
with the support of the local authority of Turnhout. As a local project it
proved to be a working formula for reaching the targeted groups.
A project website was established to spread the information on the project:
www.digidak.be. On this website a digital handbook is available where the
whole
procedure followed is described. Also all the instruments and materials used
are downloadable from the website: www.digidak.be/digitaalhandboek
User name: handbook
Password: dighb
A report with collected number material on visitor profiles is also available:
http://www.digidak.be/documenten/Rapportresultaten2004.pdf

3.      partners

The prototype is now ready for market validation. We would very much like to
see this concept tested in other parts of Belgium and of course also see if it
can be transferred to other European countries.

During the dissemination part of the ESF pilot project several Belgian
communities indicated that they were interested in deploying the concept in
their own community. Therefore we already have partners in Belgium to join the
project:

·       SPK will coördinate deployment in Herentals
·       Houthalen Helchteren under coordination of BLM-Genk
·       Genk under coordination of BLM-Genk
·       IGO Leuven will coordinate deployment in several small communities in
their own region

Since this will be a European project we are still looking for a partner in
another country.

Organisatie: Strategisch Plan Kempen vzw
www.spk.be
Contactpersoon: Ilse Van Gorp, projectcoördinator Digid@k
ilse.vangorp@spk.be
+32/ 14 71 11 08

I you are interested or if you know an organisation in France who might be
interested, please let us know

Marja Alaerts
IGO LEUVEN
Aarschotsesteenweg 212
3010 Kessel-Lo (LEUVEN)
*     +32-(0)16 80 58 38
*     +32-(0)16 80 58 39
gsm   0496 / 25 85 29
*     Marja.Alaerts@igo-leuven.be
ONDERNEMINGSNUMMER      BTW BE 0862 962 775
                        RPR Leuven

Patrick SCHOULLER
Ministère de l'Economie des Finances et de l'Industrie
Direction Générale des Entreprises - STSI
Représentant national aux comités des programmes IST, E-TEN, E-CONTENT,
SIAP, MODINIS, IDABC
Point de contact national E-TEN et SIAP