[ Evariste® | Forum ]

From patrick.schouller@inria.fr Wed Mar 10 10:39 MET 1999
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:29:42 +0100 (CET)
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: Patrick Schouller
Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?univeristé?= de Dresde propose un projet sur
	le =?iso-8859-1?Q?thème?=  :Development of digital, low cost
	broadcast system for European cities and regions, based on existing
	analogue TV

MEFI-SEI-DiGITIP-STSI-SDPP-PS-1999-123

Expression of Interest for a project related to action line I.1.1
"New models for providing services to the citizens" of the IST programme

PROPOSED ACRONYM:	LOBSTER
OBJECTIVE	      Local broadcast system

SHORT DESCRIPTION	Development of digital, low cost broadcast system for
European cities and regions, based on existing analogue TV. Since the
technical facilities for its realisation exist in all countries of the
Community, today available television technique shall be used. Information
will be distributed as digital add-on data from local TV transmitters and
then fed into cable networks like conventional TV program. In contrast to
already known videotext / teletext no  decoder is necessary, common TV
serves as user interface.
SKILLS OFFERED 	We provide our comprehensive knowledge in the field of
broadcasting digital data in conventional analogue TV. Furthermore there is
extensive experience in FPGA programming, ISDN and prototyping. Since we are
part of an university we do not apply for the project co-ordinator.
Nevertheless we are experienced in project management and would like to play
an active role in project steering.

SKILLS / PARTNERS
LOOKED FOR
	broadcast media experts
	computer peripheral / consumer electronics manufacturer
	local administrations
	TV provider

KEY ACTION	I: "Systems and Services for the Citizen"

ACTION LINE	I.1.1, I.3.1, I.4.1, I.6.3, III.2.3, III.2.4

INTERESTED PARTIES	Acutel (Spain), Deutsche Telekom (Germany), TUD (Germany)

CONTACT	Prof. A. Finger
Communications Laboratory
Dresden University of Technology, GERMANY
FAX:	+49 / 351 / 463-7236
E-mail:	tnt@ifn.et.tu-dresden.de

Direction Generale de l'Industrie, des Technologies de l'Information et des
Postes
     Service des Technologies et de la Société de l'Information
Archive de la liste : http://www.evariste.org/actu/schouller/